Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Introduction

I am very new to blogging.  As a matter of fact, this is my very first foray into the world of blogging and I'm really not sure exactly where this will lead me. But here goes!

On the way home from work earlier this week, I was listening to an NPR interview with Dorie Greenspan. She was talking about a blog called Tuesday with Dorie.  I was intrigued.  You see, I absolutely love to cook and bake.  I have more cookbooks in my house than anyone I know. I am also a book lover so those two passions are a perfect fit!  She mentioned a new blogging experience centered around the cook book, Baking with Julia which she had written in collaboration with the late, great Julia Child.  One thought went through my head....I HAVE THAT BOOK! So on a whim, I went searching.

I really want to try my hand with the rest of the bloggers to work through this cookbook and see where it leads!  I'm excited about the experience and hope I can pick up some tips as well as offer my years of cooking and baking experience.  While not on the scale of Dorie herself, my family considers me a pretty good cook and they all look forward to the meals I prepare.  My sons are all grown now with families of their own but I do occasionally get to cook and bake for everyone a few times a year.  My husband will be the beneficiary of all my endeavors!

Happy cooking!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment